Beefy Corn Bread CasseroleFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 or 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) creamed corn shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 cups cheddar, shredded AND divided shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 13x9x2 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook beef, onion and peppers in skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine corn bread mix, salt, baking soda, corn, milk, oil and eggs in a bowl.
- Pour half of corn bread mixture into prepared pan.
- Layer with half the cheese and all the beef.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes OR until toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
this is like a recipe we call mexican cornbread good stuff love this recipe too delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is taking the cornbread to a whole new level! Love the sounds of this recipe, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
This might be NYE here....thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it