Beefy Corn Bread CasseroleFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 or 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) creamed corn shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3 cups cheddar, shredded AND divided shopping list
How to make it
- Butter a 13x9x2 pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook beef, onion and peppers in skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine corn bread mix, salt, baking soda, corn, milk, oil and eggs in a bowl.
- Pour half of corn bread mixture into prepared pan.
- Layer with half the cheese and all the beef.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes OR until toothpick inserted at center comes out clean.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
this is like a recipe we call mexican cornbread good stuff love this recipe too delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is taking the cornbread to a whole new level! Love the sounds of this recipe, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
This might be NYE here....thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it