Baked Creamed SpinachFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Trim and wash spinach.
- Butter a 3-quart ovenproof casserole.
- Place in suitably-sized pot with water still clinging to its leaves.
- Cover and cook until just wilted.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Allow to cool.
- Squeeze out excess water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk flour into butter and cook gently, whisking, for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add salt, pinch of pepper and nutmeg.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Combine sauce with spinach and 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- MikeyfromAR Colorado High Desert, US Of A
- robert6688 Nowhere, Us
- star_sprinkle22 Phoenixville, PA
- Chillypepr Nowhere, Us
- dizzzykipper Port Angeles, WA
- grumblebee Victoria, Canada
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- juels Clayton, NC
- dragonwings647 Duchesne, UT
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating10 people
Yum, very lovely! Great dish, you get a 5!juels in Clayton loved it
This Baked Creamed Spinach has a lovely sauce with just the right amount of nutmeg.
Perfect!trigger in loved it
I'm with Knox - love this...a must try, thanks!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it