Pastrami Horseradish ConesFrom brianna 5 years ago
- Cook time will depend on how many moulds you have. shopping list
- . shopping list
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg white - beaten shopping list
- . shopping list
- pastrami horseradish Filling:- shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tsp white vinegar shopping list
- 3 tsp horseradish cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 6 slices pastrami - chopped fine shopping list
- 2 gerkins - chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- Process egg yolk, vinegar & horseradish cream until smooth
- Add oil gradually in a thin stream while motor is operating & blend until thickened
- Stir in pastrami & gerkins
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees & lightly grease small cream horn moulds
- Cut pastry into 1 cm wide strips & cut each strip into half crossways
- Brush 1 side of each strip lightly with egg white
- Starting at the point of each mould, wind a strip of pastry, egg white side out, around moulds, overlapping slightly
- Place cones on lightly greased baking tray, seam side down, & brush lightly with egg white
- Bake at 400 for 5 mins, reduce oven to 350 & bake a further 8 mins or until cones are browned & crisp
- Remove cones from moulds & cool on wire racks
- Repeat with remaining pastry & egg white.
- Just before serving, fill each cone with filling.
- Cones can be made up to 2 days ahead & stored in airtight container
- Filling can be covered & stored in the fridge
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating4 people
Beautiful presentation using just a few tasty ingredients. Must try this with vegetarian bacon.
Cheerfully !!!!!5nadaism in Bathurst loved it
This sounds and looks insanely good! Bookmarked, thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
This recipe sounds great and your moulds came out wonderful. These would really go fast at a gathering so I better make plenty.
five forkstrigger in loved it