Pastrami Horseradish ConesFrom brianna 7 years ago
- Cook time will depend on how many moulds you have. shopping list
- . shopping list
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry shopping list
- 1 egg white - beaten shopping list
- . shopping list
- pastrami horseradish Filling:- shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 tsp white vinegar shopping list
- 3 tsp horseradish cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 6 slices pastrami - chopped fine shopping list
- 2 gerkins - chopped fine shopping list
How to make it
- Process egg yolk, vinegar & horseradish cream until smooth
- Add oil gradually in a thin stream while motor is operating & blend until thickened
- Stir in pastrami & gerkins
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees & lightly grease small cream horn moulds
- Cut pastry into 1 cm wide strips & cut each strip into half crossways
- Brush 1 side of each strip lightly with egg white
- Starting at the point of each mould, wind a strip of pastry, egg white side out, around moulds, overlapping slightly
- Place cones on lightly greased baking tray, seam side down, & brush lightly with egg white
- Bake at 400 for 5 mins, reduce oven to 350 & bake a further 8 mins or until cones are browned & crisp
- Remove cones from moulds & cool on wire racks
- Repeat with remaining pastry & egg white.
- Just before serving, fill each cone with filling.
- Cones can be made up to 2 days ahead & stored in airtight container
- Filling can be covered & stored in the fridge
The Cookbrianna CA
The Rating4 people
This recipe sounds great and your moulds came out wonderful. These would really go fast at a gathering so I better make plenty.
five forkstrigger in loved it
This sounds and looks insanely good! Bookmarked, thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
Beautiful presentation using just a few tasty ingredients. Must try this with vegetarian bacon.
Cheerfully !!!!!5nadaism in Bathurst loved it