Hot Dark Chocolate PieFrom boofie 5 years ago
- 5 oz Ghiradelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips shopping list
- 4 oz sweetened, condensed milk shopping list
- 8 oz water shopping list
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, beaten shopping list
- 1 packet plain gelatin shopping list
- 1.5 tbsp ancho chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground clove shopping list
- 1 9" graham cracker crust (can be store bought or home made) shopping list
How to make it
- Gently heat milk and 4 oz of water over medium-low heat in a heavy saucepan, stirring until well combined.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle gelatin over remaining 4 oz of water and allow to plump.
- Temper egg and egg yolk by adding hot milk and water mixture, stirring constantly, until well combined. Add back to saucepan.
- Gradually add chocolate chips, stirring gently until all chocolate is melted and incorporated. Add ancho chili powder, cinnamon, ginger, clove, and brown sugar at this time and mix well to combine.
- Heat mixture until just boil and add plumped gelatin and liquid. Whisk well and remove mixture from heat.
- Carefully pour chocolate mixture into pie crust, scraping down sides as you go.
- Chill pie at least four hours to overnight. After four hours, cover with plastic cling wrap to prevent a thick skin from forming on the top.
- Slice and enjoy!
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating5 people
yummmmmmm! Thanks, Been looking for a good chocolate pie recipe, this looks like it.dragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Very interesting, boof! I'm looking forward to trying this one out soon. Thanks! 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
OH YUM, Boofie!! Hope you had a nice long weekend!! ~Linlinspj in New Hartford loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!