Quick and Easy Egg Drop SoupFrom dmajor 5 years ago
- 5 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- wonton wrappers shopping list
- oil(you will need about an inch or so in your pan) shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- You can add a small amount of one or more of the following if you like: shopping list
- cubed cooked chicken shopping list
- chopped water chestnuts shopping list
- cooked shrimp shopping list
- cooked pork pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower heat to med. and slowly stir in egg(slow stream) while whisking with a whisk or fork.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and soy sauce.
- Slice wontons into small strips.
- Heat oil in separate small saucepan or frying pan.
- Add wontons a few at a time and cook until lightly browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon soup into soup bowls.
- Top with a few wonton strips.
- Serve with additional soy sauce on side.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookdmajor Slidell, LA
The Rating7 people
I think it is because of the change
of 'seasons' that I am in need of the
'comfort' that I find in a really flavorful
"5"FORK!!!!! Soup ~
I am eager to make your delicious
'Egg Drop' soup tomorrow~
Thank-you...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Sounds great. Wish I had some tonight. I could stand the warm up. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
I love egg drop soup. I was looking for a good recipe to make at home. The restaurants charge so much for it and theres really nothing to it. Sounds easy and I know my husband will love it too. Thanks. Big 5 forks from me.
Paulapaulasue1 in Litchfield Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!