Simple Strawberry Pte de Fruit real fruit jelly candyFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- parchment paper shopping list
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, defrosted shopping list
- 1 3/4 tablespoons apple pectin powder (found at health food stores) shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided shopping list
- 3 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Line a rimmed 9" x 12" baking sheet (with at least a 1/4-inch rim) with parchment paper. Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth. Mix pectin and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl. Transfer puree to a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pectin-sugar mixture onto puree and stir until pectin dissolves. Continue to boil for 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups sugar in 3 parts, stirring after each addition and waiting 15 seconds between additions. Add corn syrup; cook mixture until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in juice. Pour mixture into baking sheet, spread evenly and let set 2 hours. Cut jelly into 1-inch squares or other shapes using a sharp knife. Toss squares, a few at a time, in remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!