Cherry Nut DelightsFrom henrie 6 years ago
- Dough: shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 2 large egg whites, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans shopping list
- About 4 dozen red or green candied cherries shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup; cream together
- until mixture appears light and fluffy. Add egg yolks; beat until
- thoroughly mixed. Add flour; stir until mixed.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Baking sheets may be ungreased, or
- lined with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into small balls, about 1" in diameter.
- Dip the top of each ball into the beaten egg whites, and then dip the
- top into the chopped nuts.
- Place balls, nut side up, 2 inches apart onto baking sheets. Press a
- candied cherry into the center of each cookie. Bake 20 minutes or
- until cookies are set and very lightly browned. Remove cookies from
- baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating8 people
Another great one! yum got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Yum, these sound delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
Yummy cookies Henrie love the nuts.trigger in loved it