Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti SquashFrom natnatsmom 8 years ago
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 teaspoons minced garlic (Or whatever your preference may be for it) shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 stick of butter shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 spaghetti squash shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- These are estimated measurings because the spaghetti squash you buy may be smaller or bigger.. In general though, they are pretty much the same size... shopping list
How to make it
- With a knife, pierce the spaghetti squash all over. Place on a plate in the microwave on high for 12 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes and use a towel or a pot holder to hold on to the spaghetti squash, and cut length wise down the middle.
- While the spaghetti squash is cooking in the microwave, melt the butter in a sauce pan on medium heat and add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add the cream of mushroom and sour cream to the sauce pan and stir together until all of it is combined. Add salt and pepper to your taste and turn the burner down to the lowest setting to keep it warm.
- With a fork, pierce the 'meat' of the spaghetti squash. It should be soft. Scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- With a fork, scrape from the stem to the bottom of the squash and place in a bowl. Continue to do this until all that is left is the shell.
- Pour the mushroom mixture from the sauce pan to the bowl and mix together. Or if your sauce pan is big enough, you can just put the spaghetti squash in the mushroom mixture pan and stir.