Tres Leches Coconut MacaroonsFrom lillyann 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pour 3 bags of coconut flakes into a mixer bowl. I work with a 5-quart KitchenAid "Epicurean". If your mixer is smaller, you might want to consider cutting the recipe in half. You can also do the mixing by hand, with a strong spoon, in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the condensed milk, sour cream, cream and vanilla on top of the coconut flakes.
- Turn the mixer to a slow speed.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the fourth bag of coconut flakes. If you start out with all 4 bags in the bowl, the paddle might throw some of the mix over the edge of the bowl.
- Mix for about 10-15 seconds until combined. Turn off the mixer. Scrape the paddle with a spatula and give the the batter a few turns to make sure all the ingredients are well distributed.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Cover your sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the macaroons and press slightly together - so they hold their shape when you drop them onto the sheet pan.
- Now place the sheet into the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes. The bottoms of the macaroons should be lightly caramelized (medium-dark brown).
- ** Makes: 24 big (3.5 oz) macaroons. Use a #12 ice cream scoop.
- Dipping In Chocolate - Highly Recommended: For the dipping of these fabulous Tres Leches Coconut Macaroons, Chef recommends a dark dipping or molding chocolate. Good dipping chocolate can be melted in a microwave, or in a bowl over hot water. (Be careful not to get any steam into the chocolate - it will cause streaks.) Dip the cooled macaroons halfway into the chocolate and set them back onto a sheet pan covered with parchment. You can reuse the cool baking sheet.
- The dipped macaroons should be placed in a refrigerator, so the chocolate cools faster and preserves a shine.
The Cooklillyann Chicago, IL
The Rating6 people
OMG! coff coff, boss, I need to go home now!! (and start baking)
Made these yesterday and WOW. I have a 5 qt Kitchen Aid mixer and still had trouble keeping it all inside while mixing. One comment is it took FAR longer to get them don...moremagandab in Apple Valley loved it
Love macaroons Sounds like a super recipe to make them. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
me too, Love them!midgelet in Eastern loved it