Green Beans With Red Peppers And GarlicFrom staceyfish 7 years ago
- 1 lb green beans, stems trimmed shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper (capsicum), seeded and cut into julienne shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chile paste or red pepper flakes shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- handful sliced almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the beans into 2-inch (5cm) pieces. Bring a large saucepan three-quarters full of water to a boil. Add the beans and blanch until they turn bright green and are tender crisp, about 90 seconds. Drain the beans and plunge into an ice-water bath or rinse them heavily with very cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and toss and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the beans and saute for 1 minute longer.
- Add the chile flakes or paste and and garlic and cook for one minute longer. The beans will be tender and bright green.
- Drizzle with a touch of olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and garnish with the sliced almonds. Serve immediately.