Smoky Portobello SoupFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- : shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onions shopping list
- 8 medium portobello mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 8 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups white roux : shopping list
- 1 stick of butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour; shopping list
- cook slowly over low heat shopping list
- 1 quart heavy cream shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- croutons, sour cream, and sliced chives, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- prepare roux by cooking flour and butter slowly over low heat- do not let get brown
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1/4 cup of olive oil and 3 drops of liquid smoke.
- Toss 4 of the Portobello mushrooms in oil mixture and roast them in the oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Chop mushrooms into cubes.
- In a large pot, saute the onions in olive oil.
- Once onions are sauteed, add uncooked portobello mushrooms and garlic.
- After mushrooms and garlic are cooked add roasted mushrooms, white wine and chicken broth and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place mixture in blender.
- Add roux to pot.
- Blend in heavy cream.
- Place mixture back in pot on stove and add roux.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with croutons, sour cream and sliced chives.
- And Paula also garnish soup with crumbled cooked bacon!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating9 people
And the hits just keep coming, joan! Another thanks, another 5!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I love anything with mushroomsherby in Albany loved it
love mushroom soup thi sounds delicous thanks high5 on this one toomomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Southern Cooks553 members
Television TV Famous Chefs66 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
Companys Coming114 members
Soup Is Good Food59 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Butter Is Better66 members
Soups And Stews106 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES247 members