Lemony Chicken And Rice SoupFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
How to make it
- Combine broth and rice in saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer (not a boil)
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until rice is done.
- Add roasted chicken to pot.
- Remove from heat.
- While rice is cooking, beat eggs vigorously in a bowl until frothy.
- Whisk in lemon juice.
- While whisking, slowly add 1 cup of broth into the egg mixture.
- Whisk this mixture into the remaining broth, rice and chicken in the pot.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring constantly until soup thickens.
- To avoid curdling, DO NOT BOIL!
- The soup is ready when it coats the back of a spoon OR reaches 160 degrees F.
- After removing from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating9 people
This is a very quick and easy make of a Greek soup - and we use more lemon :) hahahaelgab89 in Toronto loved it
This does sound really good. I can make it on one of those nights that my daughter has a date or something. She hates rice, I however love it. So it my be awhile but I will be giving this a try.tuilelaith in Columbia loved it
Sounds very interesting! Looks very yummy, I gotta try it!juels in Clayton loved it