Tavern SoupFrom upstatevoyager 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can or bottle beer, at room temperature shopping list
- croutons, bacon bits, thinly sliced green onion for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In slow cooker, combine celery, carrot, green pepper and onion.
- Add chicken broth, butter, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Puree mixture in food processor. Return to slow cooker.
- Turn heat to HIGH setting.
- Whisk together flour and a small amount of water. Add to slow cooker.
- Add cheese to slow cooker 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until blended.
- Add beer.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Turn heat to LOW setting to hold.
- Serve with garnishes of choice.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!