Blue Cheese Appetizer TartFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold butter, in chunks shopping list
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 8 ounce cream cheese, siftened shopping list
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts OR your favorite nut, toasted and chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place flour in large bowl OR bowl of food processor.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender OR pulse in processor to coarse crumbs.
- Mix in water until flour is just moistened OR pulse until dough pulls aways from sides of processor and forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surface to a 12" circle.
- Place pastry into a 9 or 10" tart pan with removable bottom OR a pie pan.
- Press firmly onto bottom and up sides of pan.
- Cut away excess pastry.
- Prick pastry all over with a fork.
- Line pastry with aluminum foil. Pour dry beans on top of foil.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes OR until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese and blue cheese in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- While beating, gradually add the whipping cream, egg and pepper.
- Blend well.
- Spread into baked pastry shell.
- Sprinkle with roasted red pepper, pine nuts and parsley.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes OR until filling is set.
- Let stand 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut into wedges.
- Store leftovers covered and refrigerated.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating4 people
Looks beautiful and elegant! Love the blue cheese and pine nuts in this!juels in Clayton loved it
Love this tart...I'd be using walnuts instead of pine nuts (I'm not fond of the pine nut) But walnuts and blue cheese are a heavenly match in my opinion. Thanks for the post. Have a great day, dear.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
lovin anything blue cheese!midgelet in Eastern loved it