Peanut Blossom Cookies peanut butter cookiesFrom pieplate 4 years ago
- 1 c butter (2 sticks) shopping list
- 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 c light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 t vanilla shopping list
- 1/1/4 c crunchy peanut butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 t salt (optional) shopping list
- 2 t baking soda shopping list
- Reese's peanut butter pieces, 1 per cookie if you like, or cut in half along the equator if you are going to be packing them. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 stick butter and put the other in the same container to soften, about 5 m.
- Cream butter with sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each.
- Add vanilla;
- Add peanut butter!
- Using a shield guard if your mixer has one, add dry ingredients and beat briefly but hard until combined.
- Chill dough 20 m.
- Form dough into walnut-sized balls; place on a greased/Silpat-lined cookie sheet; mash crosswise with a fork to flatten.
- Bake 8 min--should still be quite soft, maybe another minute if your oven is slow, but no longer.
- Top each cookie with its Reese's piece.
- Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet at least 5 m, then transfer to a rack. They will firm up as they cool. If the Reese's pieces are not firming up, set the cookies in the path of an electric fan.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating5 people
Mmmmm peanut butter is gooooood! I love a soft peanut butter cookie too. High 5!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
You know, pie, I like most of my cookies on the softer side. It seems that they have more flavor. Who wants a cookie you have let melt away in you mouth to get flavor from it? Not me! Thanks and you got my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I made the your recipe and guess what? You have broken my baking curse!! While I can cook up a storm, I always found it impossible to bake (anything edible that is). These little cookies triggered a very successful weekend full of moist, wonderul co...moreangelinaw in St Louis loved it