Meat Loaf RollFrom paulasue1 7 years ago
- Meat Loaf roll shopping list
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach shopping list
- 2 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- ¾ cup soft bread crumbs (about 1 slice bread) shopping list
- ¼ cup catsup or steak sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- ½ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp. dried crushed oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 package (3 oz.) smoked sliced ham shopping list
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese, each 3x3 inches, cut diagonally into halves. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Rinse frozen spinach under running cold water to separate; drain and squeeze out all water; dry on paper towels. (It is critical to get out as much water as possible).
- Mix hamburger, eggs, bread crumbs, catsup, milk, and seasonings.
- Pat hamburger mixture into a rectangle 12x10 inches on a piece of aluminum foil 18x15 inches.
- Arrange dry spinach on hamburger rectangle to within ½ inch of edges.
- Arrange ham slices to cover spinach.
- Roll up rectangle carefully, beginning at 10 inch side and use foil to lift.
- Press edges and ends of roll to seal.
- Place on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Bake uncovered for 75 minutes.
- Remove from oven and overlap cheese on top; return to oven and bake 1 minute longer or until cheese starts to melt. (Center of meat loaf may appear pink due to ham).
- Garnish with celery leaves if desired.
- Do Ahead Tip: After rolling, cover and refrigerate meat loaf no longer than 24 hours. Cook as directed except increase baking time 15 more minutes before you add the cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- lovebreezy Colorful, CO
- imhungry Northern, OH
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- morninlite Kalamazoo, MI
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- upstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- juels Clayton, NC
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- paulasue1 Litchfield Park, AZ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpaulasue1 Litchfield Park, AZ
The Rating3 people
Well done, paulasue and thanks for sharing! I feel the need to try this one for sure. You got my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Very, very well done, Paula! Loving the spinach and smoked ham in here, great step-by-step pics, too! Bookmarking this to try soon. Added to the "Crazy about greens" group.juels in Clayton loved it
Love this.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it