Crab RangoonsFrom imanalienchef 7 years ago
- 1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese shopping list
- 1 package of wonton wappers/ gyoza wrappers or eggroll wrappers cut in 4 even squares-get the thickest wrappers you can find.... shopping list
- 2 sticks of imitation crabmeat- minced evenly shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of msg (yes i said it) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar ( or a pinch more if you like it a little sweeter) shopping list
- 1 tsp. - beef better than boullion dissolved with 2 TBSP of warm water and 2 tsp. of peanut oil/ or olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- blend in a medium bowl all the ingredients except the wrappers of course. blend well with a hand mixer....taste taste taste. should be a nice mild crab beefy flavor but neither to sweet or to salty...just a nice mix of each.
- place about 1 1/2 TBSP in a wrapper and fold into the usual four peak fold.
- place on a 1/4 sheet pan as you do them in nice rows and put in freezer for about 2 hours.
- once frozen remove from pan and place carefully in a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze.
- Or heat up your deep fryer and once hot remove rangoons from freezer and fry for just till you see the cream cheese start to come out of the wrapper.
- REMEMBER; dont take the rangoons out of the freezer unless they are going right in the deep fryer...you need them to be froze solid and the oil has to be 350 degrees no less. or they wont crisp up right. enjoy!!!
- TIP- for the wrappers get the thickest ones you can find and try alot of different kinds...even though they are all pretty much made of just flour they all fry up different and the thickness and crispness are different .....find one you like.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookimanalienchef Appleton, WI
The Rating3 people
Thanks for this one. This is one of my favorite appetizers and you've made it easy to make at home. I love that you freeze these, as you can always have them on-hand for guests to serve in a snap. High-5!meals4abby in Valders loved it
thanks for the detailed instructions. this looks like an excellent recipe.choclytcandy in loved it
I love these things - so good! Very happy to see this recipe posted here, thanks so much...^5
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!