Southern Chess PieFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 7 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 3/4 tablespoons corn meal shopping list
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cake flour shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 unbaked pie shell shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together first 3 ingredients in mixer until consistency of meal.
- Do not overmix.
- Add flour and nutmeg; cream well.
- Add egg yolks, egg whites, milk, and vanilla; mix well.
- Let stand one hour.
- Stir with spoon to mix meal in well.
- Pour into unbakes pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes at 400 degrees
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating4 people
I love chess pie! It's kinda like pecan pie without the nuts. Yum!canzi in San Diego loved it