Stove Top Oven Baked Pot RoastFrom donman 8 years ago
- 3 to 4 pound Boneless pot roast shopping list
- worcestershire sauce shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- 10 to 12 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- Donnie’s cajun seasoning Mix (Recipe can be found with my recipes on my profile page. Or use equivalent ingredients.) shopping list
- 1 can of beef broth (14 oz) shopping list
- corn starch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
How to make it
- Allow the roast to set out for 30-60 minutes to come to room temperature.
- Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make 10 to 12 evenly spaced small slits about 1 1/2-inches deep all over the roast.
- Using your fingers, insert the peeled garlic cloves as deep into the meat as possible.
- Cover all sides of the roast with Olive oil and massage the oil into meat.
- Season the roast evenly on all sides with the kosher salt.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Sear on all sides of the roast until well browned. (About 4 to 6 minutes per side) Don't be afraid to let the roast get very brown, this is where a lot of the flavor comes from.
- When the roast is evenly browned on all sides, remove it to a plate and set aside to cool (for about 10 minutes).
- After the roast cools, season it evenly on all sides with the Worcestershire sauce, Paprika and Cajun Seasoning Mix.
- Rub the seasonings into the roast real good.
- Transfer the roast to a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil and make a pouch around the roast sealing it tightly while leaving an air pocket on the top inside.
- Place the package onto a strong backing sheet and put into a cold oven on the middle rack.
- Turn the oven on to 250 degrees F and cook for 4 hours.
- Do not open the oven door while cooking!
- When finished cooking, remove the foil pack from the oven and carefully poke a hole into it to relive any steam and then carefully cut open the top of the foil pack.
- Transfer the roast from the foil pack to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. In a 2 qt. sauce pan, transfer all of the drippings from the foil pack. Cut a small onion into quarters and add to the drippings.
- Into the beef broth, add 2 heaping tablespoons of corn starch and dissolve very well. Slowly add the broth to the sauce pan while stirring. Add the Kitchen bouquet to the sauce pan. While stirring constantly, bring up heat on the sauce pan to a low boil and boil until the gravy is to the desired thickness. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Slice roast, cover with gravy and enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating14 people
Yummy and Easy...thankscassiejb63 in Atlanta loved it
Thanks, donman. My five to you and have a Merry Christmas!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
GREAT RECIPE DON!BIG 5! CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!