Hoppin John - Slow CookerFrom lori4flavor 5 years ago
- 1 smoked turkey wing shopping list
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 cans (15.8 ounces each) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T dried minced onion shopping list
- red pepper sauce to taste shopping list
- flat leaf parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place smoked turkey wing in 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Add 1 cup of the broth (refrigerate remaining broth). Top with onion, peas and sausage.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove turkey wing, and pull meat from bones; discard bones, skin and fat. Return turkey to cooker. Add remaining broth, rice and red pepper sauce to taste. Increase heat setting to high. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Garnish with parsley.
- 4 servings (1 1/2 cups each).
The Cooklori4flavor Chicago, IL
The Rating5 people
i am a friend of hoppin john. thanks for sharing.choclytcandy in loved it
love this stuff too!midgelet in Eastern loved it
This sounds wonderful, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it