Baby Back Ribs with Bourbon BBQ SauceFrom darbar 6 years ago
- 6 baby back pork rib racks shopping list
- 1 cup bourbon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 2 cups hickory wood chips shopping list
- 2 cups beer shopping list
How to make it
- Arrange ribs in large roasting pan. Pour bourbon over. Chill 30 minutes, turning ribs often. Pour off and discard bourbon.
- Whisk salt and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of ribs. Let stand 1 hour.
- Place wood chips in medium bowl. Pour beer over; let stand 1 hour. Place handful of torn newspaper in bottom of charcoal chimney. Top newspaper with 25 charcoal briquettes. Remove upper rack from barbecue. Place chimney on lower grill rack. Light newspaper and let charcoal burn until ash is gray, about 30 minutes.
- Open 1 bottom grill vent. Turn out hot charcoal onto 1 side of lower rack. Using metal spatula, spread charcoal to cover approximately 1/3 of rack. Remove 1 cup wood chips from beer and drain (keep remaining chips in beer). Scatter drained chips over coals (avoid using too many wet chips, which may douse the fire). Fill foil loaf pan halfway with water and place opposite the coals on lower grill rack.
- Place upper grill rack on barbecue. Arrange ribs on upper grill rack above loaf pan. Cover barbecue with lid, positioning top vent directly over ribs. Place stem of candy thermometer through top vent, with gauge on outside and tip near ribs (thermometer should not touch meat or grill rack); leave in place during cooking. Check temperature after 5 minutes. Use top and bottom vents to maintain temperature between 275°F and 325°F, opening vents wider to increase heat and closing to decrease heat. Leave any other vents closed.
- After 45 minutes, use technique described earlier to light an additional 15 charcoal briquettes in same charcoal chimney set atop nonflammable surface.
- When temperature of barbecue falls below 275°F, use oven mitts to lift off upper rack with ribs; place rack with ribs on heatproof surface. Using tongs, add hot gray charcoal from chimney to bottom rack. Drain remaining 1 cup wood chips; sprinkle over charcoal. Reposition upper rack on barbecue, placing ribs above loaf pan. Cover with lid. Grill until ribs are very tender and meat pulls away from bones, about 45 minutes longer, brushing with 3/4 cup Bourbon Barbecue Sauce the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Transfer ribs to platter. Brush with 3/4 cup more barbecue sauce. Serve, passing remaining sauce separately, if desired.
- Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until sauce thickens and flavors blend, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
People Who Like This Dish 19
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- TimL Nowhere, Us
- rose1033 Nowhere, Us
- sparow64 Sweetwater, TN
- buck7762 Munising, MI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- schubo52 North Chicago, IL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- tinadc Cape Town, ZA
- dmiller64116 Kansas City, MO
- Plus 9 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating6 people
oowwweeee! finger-licking! I'll rave about this one for a long time! thx for the posting!tinam in Tugun loved it
oh yummmmmm i love these thanks for sharingminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
What a great recipe! Thanks for posting it.mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!