Rabbit With MustardFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 4 lb rabbit 4-5 lb shopping list
- as needed oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 oz shallots, chopped shopping list
- 2 oz prepared mustard Dijon-style or grainy shopping list
- to taste each salt & pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme shopping list
- 8 oz white wine shopping list
- 8 oz chicken stock shopping list
- 8 oz heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Clean and cut up the rabbit for stewing.
- Brown the rabbit in oil in a heavy pan.
- Remove the rabbit pieces from the pan and keep them warm.
- Degrease the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan
- Sweat the shallots in the butter, but do not brown.
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper, thyme, wine, and stock to the pan and return the browned rabbit to the pan.
- Cover and braise slowly over low heat or in a low oven until the meat is cooked.
- Remove the rabbit from the liquid and set aside.
- Reduce the cooking liquid by about one-third. Skim any excess fat from the top.
- Temper the heavy cream and add it to the reduced liquid.
- Simmer and reduce until the sauce is lightly thickened.
- Adjust the seasonings.
- Return the rabbit pieces to the sauce.
- ENJOY with a side of Chef's salad, along with a tasty green vegetable, such as Brussels Sprouts or Broccoli.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating53 people
This Is Beautiful---Great Rabbit Recipe,
Love It!!! High 5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
Lovely, chefelaine! ^5. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!