Creamy Reuben SoupFrom darlenel 4 years ago
- 2 cups diced potatoes skin on shopping list
- 1 cup onion diced shopping list
- ½ lb corned beef diced shopping list
- 8 oz sauerkraut shopping list
- 2 tbsp ham base shopping list
- 6 cups water shopping list
- ½ tsp ground caraway shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup cream shopping list
- ½ lb swiss cheese grated shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- ½ tsp white wine v inegar shopping list
- 3 cups rye croutons for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stockpot, combine potatoes, onion, corned beef, sauerkraut, base, water, and caraway
- Boil until tender.
- In a separate pan, melt butter, add flour.
- Cook stirring often until golden brown..
- Blend in milk stirring until smooth.
- Add cream, cheese, Dijon and vinegar.
- Simmer 5 minutes until thick.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with croutons.
The Cookdarlenel West St Paul, MN
The Rating5 people
I Love This and I Love Reubens...A Keeper for Sure!!! High 5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
Love Rueben, never thought of putting it in a soup! What joy!juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds absolutely delish, I already bookmarked it and I will make this next cold day we have here.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!