Mikes Famous Spaghetti SauceFrom pleclare 8 years ago
- Approx 1/2c oil shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- Approx 2Tbs dry basil or 10 leaves of fresh basil shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 carrot,fine chop shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 can whole tomatoes(med size) shopping list
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes(med. size) shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- 1 onion,fine chop shopping list
- 3 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1Tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 cup white or red wine shopping list
- 1 to 2 cans tomato paste shopping list
How to make it
- Chop onion and garlic,saute in oil in stock pot till tender,add dry basil(if using fresh,add when sauce is simmering) Add the 3 cans of tomatoes,rinse each can to 1/2 full with water and and add to pot. Crush or chop whole tomatoes before adding (Patene or Scalafani tomatoes are usually the sweeter)
- Add carrot,bay leaf and bouillon cubes;when sauce comes to a semi boil,turn down to simer and add 1 can of paste. Add desired amount of salt and pepper,worcestershire sauce and wine.
- Simmer a couple of hours,taste for seasoning,if sauce too acidy,add 1Tbs brown sugar(more or less can be added)
- If sauce appears thin,add another can of paste. If you want meat sauce,use 1lb. of ground beef,omit the oil and saute garlic and onions with the beef,drain fat and then add basil.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Sounds good. Tell Mike I said thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
I ALWAYS LOVE A GOOD SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPE!
THANKS! CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
See Tomato Chipotle Shrimp With Rice Pilaf for more.
9/7/13pointsevenout in Athens loved it