Brown Rice Pilaf with Vermicelli and French LentilsFrom trigger 8 years ago
- 1.3/4 cups chicken stock or mushroom stock or any flavor stock you prefer. shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- ¼ cup French lentils shopping list
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking brown rice shopping list
- ¼ cup vermicelli shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh marjoram,” I prefer fresh” or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- *fresh marjoram (optional) shopping list
- **OTHER ADDITIONS; these can be added in small amounts to your liking one Cooked egg chopped, a small piece of Cooked fish broken with a fork see note. shopping list
How to make it
- Dry toast the vermicelli until brown in a small fry pan.
- In medium Stock pot add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the mushrooms, uncooked rice, the lentils, vermicelli, carrot, snipped or dried marjoram, and pepper.
- Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and parsley; toss lightly with a fork. If desired, garnish with additional fresh marjoram.
- **NOTE: Add these cooked items after you remove from heat along with the green onions and parsley.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating9 people
Michael this sounds PERFECT and I am so glad I unknowingly picked up everything for it at the market today. You must have known I would see this lovely recipe and fall in love, so thanks!
Boofieboofie in Salt Lake City loved it
I'm really lovin' the sound of this one, Michael! Yum! I actually just made some fried rice today, cuz I was craving it, but I wish I had seen this baby first!meals4abby in Valders loved it
Very interesting recipe! What a different way to fix brown rice! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!juels in Clayton loved it