Homemade Apple SauceFrom wmhaynes 9 years ago
How to make it
- Put apples in a sauce pan and squeeze lime over them, so that they don’t turn brown (and adds a bit of tartness).
- Pour water and brown sugar over the apples, add spice and stir.
- Cover, and cook at a low boil for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Mash a bit with a potato masher.
- This is wonderful with breakfast, particularly over Potato pancakes.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookwmhaynes Simpsonville, SC
The Rating5 people
This was very, very good. I served it as a side to pork loin chops. I used Gala apples and fresh grated ginger. Thanks for such a down home simple recipe.helewes in Newton loved it
I had homemade apple sauce for the first time and it was YUMMY!!sunny in Portland loved it
Oh my what a wonderful recipe. I did this to go with the roast size pemeal bacon we had for dinner. Will be making again for sure.NadineM in Mississauga loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!