Elegant Skillet LasagnaFrom chihuahua 7 years ago
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- salt (Kosher) and freshly grounded pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 lb. mild sausage, casings removed shopping list
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 Tbs. miced fresh sage shopping list
- 9 dried lasagna noodles, cooked al dente shopping list
- 3 lb. butternut squash, peeled, neck portion sliced into wide, thin sheets shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat, warm oil.
- Cook onion 8 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Cook sausage, breaking it into pieces, 8 minutes.
- Add to onion mixture.
- In fry pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add flour, cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Slowly stir in milk; increase heat to medium-high; cook 8-10 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup parlsey, sage, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/3 cup sauce on bottom of fry pan; top with single layer of 3 noodles.
- Top with 1/3 cup sauce, 1/3 cup sausage and layer of squash slices.
- Repeat layering of sauce, sausage and squash 5 more times, replacing squash layer with noodles after every 2 layers of squash.
- Top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 Tbs. Parsley.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating6 people
Lovely! FIVE!! ~:+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Very interesting with the squash here! I'd love to give it a try!juels in Clayton loved it
Love it!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!