Kalamata Olive Bread with OreganoFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1c fine chopped onions shopping list
- 2c flour shopping list
- 1tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2tsp salt shopping list
- 1c low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- 2Tbs butter shopping list
- 2 large egg whites 1/4c pitted,kalamata olives,chopped shopping list
- 1Tbs fresh ,chopped oregano shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add onion to pan;saute 3 mins. or till onion is tender. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups;evel with knife. Combine flour,baking soda, and salt in a large bowl;make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk,butter, and egg whites,stirring with a whisk. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture,stirring till just moist. Fold in onion,olives and oregano.
- Spread batter into an 8x4" loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 45 mins. or till wooden pick inseted in center comes out clean.Cool 10 mins in pan on wire rack;remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating4 people
Mmmm, yummy! Can't make it, though - I'd have to eat it all myself (& we can't have THAT)! Wish *somebody* else in my family liked kalamata olives.modelsmom in Worcester loved it
OH Yeah I have a smillayr recipe.......LOVE THIS BREAD........GREAT OPOST thanks for sharing...........Big 5 for suregrizzlybear in loved it
love the olives and buttermilk here, sounds like a yummy bread!juels in Clayton loved it