Monte Cristo Sandwich With Country Fried PotatoesFrom luisascatering 8 years ago
- 4 slices of Sheppard’s bread (or your favorite white/egg bread, texas toast bread would be awesome) shopping list
- 2 slices of swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 slices of American cheese (Kraft Deli Slices are best) shopping list
- 4 oz thinly sliced smoked turkey breast shopping list
- 4 oz thinly sliced black forest ham shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijonaise spread (mayo mixed with honey mustard, to taste) shopping list
- 2 whole eggs shopping list
- Splash of cream shopping list
- Pinch of kosher salt shopping list
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 4 tbsp whole unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 oz raspberry jam (or your favorite berry jam) shopping list
- maple syrup, as much as you desire! shopping list
- powdered sugar, to garnish shopping list
- Country Fries: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter shopping list
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled, par-boiled, cooled, cubed shopping list
- McCormick’s Montreal roasted garlic chicken seasoning (yep!), to taste shopping list
- kosher salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- For the country fries:
- Heat the oil and butter in non-stick skillet; add prepared potatoes. Sauté without stirring, until golden on bottom. Turn and brown the other sided. Sprinkle with seasonings to taste.
- For the sandwiches:
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg in a shallow rectangle baking dish. Spread the spread on all slices of the breads. Build the sandwich from the bottom up by following this order: bread, 1 slice Swiss cheese, turkey, ham, 1 slice of American cheese, 1 piece of bread.
- Put the pan on a medium-high burner, and add all of the butter. Let the butter bubble and melt, but not burn.
- Take each Monte Cristo sandwich and dip them into the bowl with the egg mixture then carefully put each one into the hot fry pan. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook each piece on all sides until golden brown.
- Press firmly down to hold, then cut the whole sandwich diagonally down with a sharp slicing knife.
- For each person, put 1 pieces of the sandwich on a plate when it’s ready to serve. Spoon 2 oz. of the jam onto each plate or a small dish.
- Sprinkle the tops of the sandwiches liberally with powdered sugar. Serve with country fries and maple syrup & jam (and ketchup!)on the side .
People Who Like This Dish 26
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating9 people
Love Monte Cristo sandwiches, and your version simply rocks! You are making me hungry! Flagged for beauty, and 5 forks!juels in Clayton loved it
My favorite sandwich ever! I can't wait to try it Luisafied!!!!!!!meals4abby in Valders loved it
Yummmm. Great post, thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!