BEST REAL ITALIAN MINESTRONEFrom bestcooker 7 years ago
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 small zucchini, halved and sliced shopping list
- one 28 ounce can diced tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN) shopping list
- one 14 ounce can Swanson’s 100% fat-free chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons basil shopping list
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons parsley shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- minced garlic, to taste shopping list
- 10 cups water shopping list
- two 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked small pasta shopping list
- Shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage in a large skillet. Drain any grease well and set aside.
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil until soft and “clear”, but not brown. Add sausage, carrots, zucchini, tomatoes with juice, chicken broth, basil, parsley, pepper, garlic, and water and stir to combine. Simmer 30 minutes. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Stir in beans and pasta. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook until pasta is done, about 10-12 minutes. Top servings with Parmesan cheese.
People Who Like This Dish 22
- nanny1291955 Douglasville, Ga.
- Luisa1 Rancho Cucamonga, California
- njmom Nowhere, Us
- albina Nowhere, Us
- baldeagle6 Nowhere, Us
- eyliable Wonderland, AU
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- ChefdeQ Nowhere, Us
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 12 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookbestcooker NA
The Rating5 people
Loved this soup as did my family.....very hearty and delicious! I did use 2 lg cloves of garlic fine minced and added that to the carrots and onions as they sauteed for extra flavor. Used fresh flat leaf parsley instead of the dried also. Ditilini pa...moreslj6lori in Succasunna loved it
Outstanding soup! I added a pound of bow-tie pasta.
See Best Real Italian Minestrone for more.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Oh WOW... We only get about a month of winter here.. and I live on soups during that time. This goes to the top of my list! High 5linebb956 in La Feria loved it