Southern Banana PuddingFrom chef_irish 8 years ago
- 1 Large Pkg. vanilla Pudding Mix (Cook)(Not Instant)(6 serving size) shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 30 vanilla wafers shopping list
- 2 large ripe but firm bananas, sliced shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine pudding mix, egg yolks, and milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Arrange a layer of vanilla wafers in bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Add a layer of banana slices and then a layer of pudding.
- Continue layering the vanilla wafers, banana slices, and pudding, ending with the pudding.
- Beat egg whites with the salt until foamy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar then continue to beat until mixture forums stiff shiny peaks.
- Spoon meringue over pudding, spreading all the way to the edge of dish to seal.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 to 15 minutes, until meringue is cooked and lightly browned.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Store in refrigerator.
The Cookchef_irish Gainesville, FL
The Rating5 people
This sounds very, very good. I still do mine the old fashion way without the pudding but I will try your way for a change.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Thnx For the Post. Living Here In 'Bama, I Have to Learn How To Make Banana Pudding. This Recipe Sounds Great!
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
I've been craving a banana pudding lately! Your recipe sounds simply divine! Will make soon!juels in Clayton loved it