PastelesFrom maywest 8 years ago
- STUFFING shopping list
- 2 pounds diced pork shopping list
- 4 ajíces dulces (small sweet peppers) shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 2 tablesoons recaito shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon adobo shopping list
- 1 tablespoons oregano (dry flakes) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- MASA DOUGH shopping list
- 4 pounds yautía shopping list
- 6 green bananas shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of salt shopping list
- achiote oil shopping list
- WRAPPING shopping list
- 40 banana leaves (cut into approx. 10 in X 5 in rectangles) shopping list
- 20 Pieces parchment paper (cut into approx. 8 in X 4 in rectangles) shopping list
- 20 Pieces of kitchen string (Cut into 18 inch. lengths) shopping list
How to make it
- PART 1 - MAKE THE STUFFING
- 1. Brown the pork pieces in a pan.
- 2. Add the rest of the stuffing ingredients.
- 3. Cook until the pork is no longer pink inside.
- 4. Set aside and let cool.
- PART 2 - MAKE THE MASA DOUGH
- 1. In a large bowl, peel and grate the yautía and the green bananas together.
- 2. Stir in the salt and enough achiote oil to moisten the dough and add a little color. You are now ready to assemble and wrap the pasteles.
- PART 3 - WRAP THE PASTELES
- 1. Set the dough aside and prepare a work surface to assemble and wrap the pasteles. If you have friends helping you, set up an assembly line.
- . Set aside the pasteles you are going to eat right away. You can freeze the rest.
- PART 4 - COOK THE PASTELES
- 1. Bring a stock pot of salted water to a boil. There should be enough water to cover the pasteles.
- 2. Boil the pasteles for 1 hour.
- 3. Unwrap the pasteles before serving.
- Serves: Makes about 20 pasteles. ..
The Cookmaywest Tangerine, FL
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful I love the adobo sauce in it.
And the heat is a good amount too.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
SOUNDS WOUNDERFUL. THANKSdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
Wow - sounds great!! Thanks for sharing your recipe - high 5! :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!