Chai Spice CookiesFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground all spice shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 egg yolks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with mixer on low speed until blended.
- Stir in flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cardamom, all spice, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, salt, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls into balls.
- On ungreased baking sheet, place balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from baking sheets to cooling rack and cool for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix remaining powdered sugar, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Working in batches, gently roll warm cookies in coating mixture.
- Cool on racks for another 5 minutes.
- Then roll again in mixture for one more coating.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
I love chai spice! These cookies sound divine! Bookmarked, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
love these cookies have made them Delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Hardly nothing is as comforting as the taste of chai tea...holding the warm mug in your cold hands, smell of the spices tickling your nose....can't wait to crunch into a cup of chai. Thank you.crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Sweet Tooth448 members
Sweet Suite159 members
All Holidays135 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
A Tea Party71 members
A Cookie Jar58 members
Afternoon Tea13 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
Butter Is Better68 members
International Baking67 members