Grilled Pineapple With Butter-rum SauceFrom conner909 6 years ago
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Meyers or other dark rum shopping list
- A pinch each of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice shopping list
- oil or spray oil for the grill shopping list
- 8 slices, 1-inch thick, very ripe fresh pineapple, cored shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter, sugar, rum and spices over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melted.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 10 min. longer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly syrupy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Keep warm.
- Heat the grill, making sure it's clean and brush or spray it with a touch of oil so the pineapple doesn't stick. Grill the pineapple slices until warmed through and carmelized, about 10 min. on each side.
- Serve immediately , in rings or chunks, with the warm sauce and ice cream, if you like.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating5 people
WOW...love this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
This is one of my all-time favorites, conner! Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
yum i love grilled pineapple... but this kicks it up to a new level... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!