Grilled Pineapple With Butter-rum SauceFrom conner909 6 years ago
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup Meyers or other dark rum shopping list
- A pinch each of nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice shopping list
- oil or spray oil for the grill shopping list
- 8 slices, 1-inch thick, very ripe fresh pineapple, cored shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, cook the butter, sugar, rum and spices over medium heat, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melted.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook for about 10 min. longer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly syrupy and coats the back of a spoon.
- Keep warm.
- Heat the grill, making sure it's clean and brush or spray it with a touch of oil so the pineapple doesn't stick. Grill the pineapple slices until warmed through and carmelized, about 10 min. on each side.
- Serve immediately , in rings or chunks, with the warm sauce and ice cream, if you like.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating5 people
yum i love grilled pineapple... but this kicks it up to a new level... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
This is one of my all-time favorites, conner! Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
WOW...love this one!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!