Sausage Gravy and BiscuitsFrom babskitchen 7 years ago
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage (sage flavored can be used, if you prefer) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 qt. (4 cups) milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- Dash worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Dash or two of hot pepper sauce shopping list
- Hot biscuits shopping list
How to make it
- Crumble sausage into a large saucepan; cook over med.-low heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Drain, discarding all but 2 Tbsp. of drippings.
- Stir in flour; cook over med.-low heat about 6 mins., or until mixture bubbles and turns golden. Stir in milk.
- Add seasonings; cook, stirring, until thickened.
- To serve, slice biscuits and spoon gravy over halves.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookbabskitchen Ft. Myers, FL
The Rating8 people
YUM!!! Love it Babs!!! Thanks for sharing. One can never go wrong with biscuits and gravy!!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
I love sausage gravy n biscuits, n this sounds like I need to try.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it
Thank you Babs, you made my day! I was hoping you'd see my request lol. Got my shopping list updated for today!neon in Westland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!