Egg Nog Bread pudding with Southern Comfort Whiskey SauceFrom tazoncaffeine 4 years ago
- pudding: shopping list
- 1 loaf egg or challah bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (the drier the better) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 quart eggnog shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- sauce: shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup whiskey shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together sugar, eggs, egg nog, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place bread cubes in large buttered baking dish. (13x9 approximately) Pour egg nog mixture over the top and cover. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours. Bring to room temperature and bake at 350 degrees until set and golden brown. About 30 minutes.
- Serve with whiskey sauce:
- Mix in sauce pan and bring to a boil and simmer until reduced and thickened. Spoon over bread pudding.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cooktazoncaffeine Manchester, NH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!