Mashed Potato CasseroleFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 5 pounds russet potatoes, peeled shopping list
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- paprika shopping list
- ***You could probably also incorporate grated cheese into this...an idea I had, but haven't done it. Same with shrimp or crabmeat*** shopping list
How to make it
- Pour water into about a 5-quart kettle to the depth of about 1 inch.
- Add potatoes, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced (okay, stabbed with a fork!) It'll take about 40 minutes.
- Mash well.
- In a small bow, beat cream cheese with sour cream until fluffy.
- Gradually beat into mashed potatoes until the mixture is smooth.
- Add garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Turn into a buttered shallow 3-4 quart baking or casserole dish.
- Dot with butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- (At this stage, you can cover it and refrigerate for up to 3 days,but bring it to room temperature before baking.)
- Bake, covered, in a 400 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!