Brown Sugar Bacon Dog AppetizersFrom cabincrazyone 4 years ago
- 8 wieners (one 16 oz package of hot dogs) or 48 cocktail wienies shopping list
- 16 slices of raw sliced bacon cut into thirds (the common thin sliced one pound package) shopping list
- 2 Cups packed brown sugar divided in half shopping list
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbs Frank's red hot sauce (1 T is not noticeable. I usually use 2T or 3T) shopping list
- 48 toothpicks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each dog into six equal pieces. Wrap each piece with bacon and stab a toothpick through to secure. Usually a one pound package of bacon is about 14 slices. As you wrap the dogs, set aside 4 or 5 of the widest bacon pieces. If you run short you can cut those last pieces in half the long way.
- Spread 1 cup of brown sugar in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Place the bacon dogs on top of the sugar as you make them. Snuggle them together but no need to be fancy. If you have all the toothpicks facing the same way, may you serve time with the Pigmies in New Guinea.
- They should all fit in one layer unless you bought the extra thick franks, or if you're using cocktail wieners. If they don't fit start a second layer. Sprinkle the second cup of sugar over the top. Drizzle the two sauces on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring a time or two so all sides of the bacon get a chance to brown.
- Serve in large bowl with the sauce or drained and on a plate, or transfer to a crock pot for self serve buffet.
- Makes 48 pieces.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookcabincrazyone Duluth, MN
The Rating16 people
Hi there these sound yummy franks hot sauce is good too ........nice one
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmmmmmmmy five, cabin!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
great hotdogs thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!