Hamburger Vegetable SoupFrom dandelion 5 years ago
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1 onion minced shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 3 celery stalks minced shopping list
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (I crush Cento San Marzano whole tomatoes) shopping list
- 1 26 oz container Swanson beef stock or homemade shopping list
- 1 26 oz container Swanson chicken stock or homemade shopping list
- 1/3 – ½ c AP flour depending on how thick you like it shopping list
- 12-24 oz tomato juice shopping list
- 1-10 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables shopping list
- 2 c small pasta (I have used macaroni, orzo, shells etc…) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stockpot, brown ground beef seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain most of the fat through a colander (the meat should be moist, but not dripping).
- Return meat to the pot; add onion, garlic and celery.
- Mix in thoroughly and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Add the flour and cook stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes until the flour has been incorporated and the flour taste is cooked out.
- Add the tomatoes and continue stirring until well mixed in.
- Add the stocks and the frozen vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat re-season and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add the pasta, cook for the required time on the package.
- The soup will be really thick due to the pasta drinking in the liquids. Add the tomato juice to the soup until the desired liquidity has been reached.
- Again season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with dense bread and butter.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookdandelion Ashland, NE
The Rating6 people
This sounds wonderful~!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sounds really good, love soup. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Very nice, dandelion and not very time-consuming. You deserve my five and my thanks,
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!