Cranberry Vanilla Coffee CakeFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups fresh OR thawed frozen cranberries shopping list
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened and divided shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- confectioners' sugar for dusting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. with rack in middle.
- Generously butter a 9x2" round cake pan and line with parchment, then butter parchment.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into a food processor.
- Add sugar and pulse to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- Pulse cranberries with 1/2 cup vanilla sugar in processor until finely chopped NOT pureed.
- Whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat together 1 stick butter and 1 cup vanilla sugar in bowl with electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Reduce speed to low and mix in flour mixture and milk alternately in batches, beginning and ending with flour, until just combined.
- Spread half of batter in pan.
- Spoon cranberries over batter, leaving 1/2" border at edges.
- Spoon small bits of remaining batter over the cranberries.
- Smooth gently.
- Using your fingertips, blend remaining 1/4 cup vanilla sugar with remaining tablespoon butter and flour.
- Crumble over the top of the cake.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes OR until cake tests done with toothpick into CAKE part of cake OR until cake begins to pull away from the pan.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan and cool completely, crumb side up.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
I simply love coffee cake, I think it is a lost sport, Ahh just sitting around the kitchen table. And this looks like a wonderful recipe.....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Wonderful! This looks divine! Thanks for a great post. You have my 5!!!!!!!!chefbaudri in Grand Rapids loved it
This makes me drool too! Looks beautiful and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it