Pork Roast Cooked In Beer With Green SalsaFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 white onions chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced shopping list
- 5 pound pork loin or shoulder roast shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 3/4 cup beer shopping list
- Salsa: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped shopping list
- 10 ounce can tomatillos shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Season pork loin with salt, oregano and coriander.
- Place roast, onions and carrots in Dutch oven and pour beer around bottom.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 hours turning occasionally and adding more beer if necessary.
- Heat oil in small skillet then sauté onion and garlic until limp.
- Drain tomatillos and reserve liquid.
- Puree tomatillos, 1/2 cup reserved liquid, onion, garlic, oil, oregano and cilantro in blender.
- Heat skillet over moderate heat then pour in sauce and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat then add wine, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Allow sauce to cool slightly then serve with pork roast.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
This sounds like my kinda roast! Yum!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
Sounds wonderful! I love the salsa mixture.Be perfect over pork.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds really good, and I love the salsa here!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!