Mushroom Crust QuicheFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 5 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup Portobello mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup Finely crushed saltine crackers shopping list
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cups Shredded Jack or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon Each: cayenne and paprika shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, over medium heat, melt 3 tbls. butter, add mushrooms and cook until limp. Stir in crushed saltines then press mixture evenly over bottom and sides of greased pie plate to form a crust.
- In the same frying pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tbls. butter, add onion and cook until limp. Spread onions over mushroom crust, sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- In a blender whirl cottage cheese, eggs and cayenne until smooth. Pour into crust and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating9 people
Thank you peeta fore posting this wonderful Quiche with that unique mushroom crust.
Five forks and a smile:)trigger in loved it
This sounds absolutly delicious. Great post, thanks.dragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it
What a great idea - love this! And portabello mushrooms are just the best. There are so many possibilites with this crust, my mind is racing! Thanks, peeta...Krumkrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!