Potato Ham And Piquillo Pepper CroquetasFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 3 cups mashed potatoes, chilled shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 ounces serrano ham (about a half-cup), diced small shopping list
- 1/2 cup piquillo or roasted red pepper, diced small shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, optional shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, 3/4 cup bread crumbs, ham, pepper, 1 egg, the yolk, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, paprika (if using) and salt.
- Mix well.
- Place remaining 4 eggs in a wide, shallow bowl and beat lightly. Place remaining 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs in a second bowl and flour in a third.
- Season bread crumbs with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Taking about 2 tablespoons of croquetas mixture at a time, form into 3-inch
- Dip each finger first in flour, tapping off excess. Dip in egg
- mixture, letting excess drip off, then bread crumbs. Transfer each finger to a
- large baking sheet
- When you have finished forming all croquetas, cover tray
- with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- When ready to fry, heat 1/4-inch oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry croquetas in batches, turning once, until dark golden all over, 2 to minutes a side.
- Transfer to paper towel-lined plates and sprinkle with
- additional salt, if desired. Serve hot.
- Yield: About 3 dozen croquetas.
People Who Like This Dish 2
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating9 people
Sounds delicious! I love the flavors in there,red pepper for a little spicy.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
ohhh baby!! I love these... They just might show up at my Super Bowl party... Love those peppers... Thanks for the recipe... ;-)~jimrug1 in Peoria loved it
I love the smokey paprika with the ham and peppers. good post Tink.........:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!