Brazilian Black Bean SoupFrom winslow1204 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 c. onion, chopped shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, minced and separated shopping list
- 1 carrot, diced shopping list
- 3 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 (15 ounce) cans of black beans, (Drain and Rinse them) shopping list
- 1/2 c. water shopping list
- 1 c. orange juice shopping list
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot over medium heat, add EVOO. Add the onion, 1/2 the garlic, and carrots.
- This will be seasoned with cumin and the salt.
- Cook this until the carrots are tender.
- Add the remaining garlic(add red pepper.)
- To the pan add the beans, water, and the juice.
- Season this with cayenne pepper.
- Add half the mixture to a food processor, and puree.
- Add this back to pot and stir.
- Simmer for at least 10 minutes! Enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookwinslow1204 Centerville, CA
The Rating5 people
I have to try this. Sounds fantastic !solomon in Montreal loved it
Delicious soup! Love the orange and cumin. Great with sour cream/green onion on top...Started an IMI thread Brazilian Black Bean Soupgkwillow in Illinois loved it
Soup!? Really!? It's bean mud pie and wonderfully full of flavor.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!