Indonesian BreastsFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- For the marinade: shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed shopping list
- 4 duck breasts, boned with skin on shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sake wine shopping list
- polenta or mashed potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients and mix well. Place duck breasts in a resealable plastic bag; pour marinade over breasts and marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours, turning twice.
- Remove breasts from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place breasts in center of cooking grate. Grill for 10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling time. Remove from grill. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine chicken broth, hoisin sauce, and reserved marinade; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and sake together to form a thin paste; whisk into sauce. Continue simmering until sauce is slightly thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Slice duck breasts diagonally and arrange on individual plates or a large platter with the sauce. Serve with polenta or mashed potatoes.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
omg jim you are too funny !!!!!! hahaha
maybe youll get your wish ill work on it lol
nice recipe griz
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I have some duck in the freezer and a grill under snow. I'll have it cleared off maybe this weekend. thanks jim. got my 5 forks!sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
Yeah Mann!! A couple of Indonesian breasts and an ice cold beer?? Sounds like my 50th Bday wish....;-)~~
But seriously, This recipe sounds mouth watering. I have a couple of Mallards in my freezer just waiting for this recipe.. Thanks...morejimrug1 in Peoria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!