Buttery Spritz CookiesFrom krumkake 8 years ago
- 1½ cups butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond or lemon or orange, for variation) shopping list
- 3½ cups flour shopping list
- decorative sprinkles, crystallized sugar, finely ground nuts, etc, for decorating shopping list
How to make it
- Beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and baking powder; beat well.
- Add egg and extract, beating until well combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, and stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- DO NOT CHILL DOUGH.
- Pack dough into cookie press; force dough through press onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate tops, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are firm but not browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Recipe makes about 72 to 84 cookies.
- NOTE: Spritz are pictured on top center edge of tray in photo, to the left of the rolled Krumkake cookies.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating4 people
Those look cute! I'm so glad you got around to posting these! Love the butttery cookies!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh gosh I've been wanting to make a spritz cookie in my battery operated cookie press for years, now I have no excuse. These sound like just what I've been looking for. Thanks for sharing, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Me too! my Mom use to make them like crazy. There were stars, pointesettas, Christmas trees, the flat one, and I think one was a camel. When I make them they stick to the press, then I slide my finger under real careful and, Wella! I have colorful bl...moregagagrits in Irmo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!