Lemon ChickenFrom minitindel 6 years ago
- 1 -quart buttermilk shopping list
- 1 -tablespoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon) shopping list
- 4 -boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenders removed, cut in strips........ shopping list
- 2 -cups all-purpose flour ....... shopping list
- 1 -cup cornstarch ............ shopping list
- vegetable oil, for frying ........ shopping list
- _____________________________ shopping list
- For Sauce: shopping list
- 1 -(11-ounce) jar lemon curd ........... shopping list
- 1/4- cup chicken broth ............ shopping list
- 1/4 -teaspoon ground ginger ........ shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon soy sauce ........... shopping list
- sliced green onions for garnish........... shopping list
How to make it
- Add enough oil to cover the bottom of a large frying pan by 1/4 to 1/2-inch depth.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, whisk buttermilk and zest together in a medium bowl. Add chicken and set aside.
- Sift together flour and cornstarch into a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture and dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry chicken strips until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip chicken and continue cooking another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- While chicken is frying, make the sauce. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt lemon curd, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.
- 4 servings
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating10 people
5 :) i luv chickenkimbaby in Live Oak loved it
Oh, Tink, the sauce sounds divine here! Awesome recipe, thanks for sharing! 5 forks and a beauty flag!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds wonderful! Thanks.cabincrazyone in Duluth loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!