Creamy Garlic Spinach DipFrom garliclover 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package fresh spinach leaves, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup (packed) grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Handful of shredded mozzarella, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- Tostito Baked Scoops -or- baguette slices, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter with oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté until onion is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, sauté mixture another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add flour; stir 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in stock and cream; bring to boil, whisking constantly.
- Cook until mixture thickens, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, cheeses, sour cream and cayenne (spinach will wilt).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dip to serving bowl. Serve warm with chips or toasted baguette slices.