Anytime Bread PuddingFrom lacrenshaw 5 years ago
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup dark rum shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- Pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 pound loaf artisan bread, preferably sourdough, in 1" squares shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter a 9"-square baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine the milk and raisins over medium heat until milk is very warm but not boiling.
- Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the cream, sugar, rum, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the eggs until smooth.
- Stir in the bread, making sure all pieces are submerged.
- Let stand at room temperature until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and cover with foil.
- Set the baking dish in a shallow roasting pan.
- Place pan in oven and pour hot water halfway up sides of pudding dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes OR until the center is a little wobbly.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake 20 minutes more.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.. pudding will set up as it cools.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
- **SOUR CHERRY AMARETTO BREAD PUDDING
- Substitute 1/2 cup sour cherries for raisins.
- Reduce vanilla extract to 1 1/2 teaspoons.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- Substitute 1/4 cup Amaretto for the rum.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating6 people
I love bread pudding too, a true comfort food. This sounds great!mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
I've never used sourdough bread in bread pudding, but this sounds wonderful - it is an all-time comfort food, isn't it? Thanks, la!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
This sounds really good - Love the amaretto, almond flavor option, for sure on this recipe, thank you and five forks! I'd also like the GC bread pudding recipe, I love it too!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it