Rice PuddingFrom marmay 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) of whole milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup (66 grams) of uncooked long or short grain white rice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 cup (40 grams) raisins shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine milk, rice and salt
- and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frequently to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- 2 In a small mixing bowl, whisk together egg and brown sugar
- until well mixed.
- Add a half cup of the rice mixture - a tablespoon at a time -
- beating to incorporate.
- 3 Add egg mixture back into the saucepan of rice and milk and stir, on low heat, for 10 minutes or so, until thickened. Be careful not to have the mixture come to a boil at this point. Stir in the vanilla. Remove from heat and stir in the raisins and cinnamon.
- Serve warm or cold
The Cookmarmay MI
The Rating5 people
You have another winner here, marmay! I adore rice pudding... ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
My husband likes rice pudding (I like tapioca), so I think I will give this a try for him. He is on a field trip with one of the kids, snowshoeing and it is 10* with a sub-zero windchill. A nice warm bowl of this will be a good treat for them. I'l...moremomoften in nowhere loved it
This looks and sounds so yummy! I love rice pudding, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!